Construction, Operating, Open Burning

In general, before a new external air emission source can be constructed on campus, or before any open burning may occur, the university must obtain a state construction permit from the Illinois EPA. A state air operating permit must also be obtained for non-major university emission sources that are not covered by the university’s Clean Air Act Title V operating permit.

Consult Environmental Compliance at 217-265-9828 before constructing any new air emission unit or conducting any type of open burning.